Register an account for free if you don’t have one.
Monitoring Music on Radio & TV Channels
Media Monitoring ( Music ) Service helps you build a broadcast monitoring system for music monitoring and tracking.
Important: Choose the suitable option of Broadcast Monitoring:
There are 2 options for Broadcast Monitoring:
- Broadcast Database (highly recommended): We provide a database of radio and TV channels worldwide, you just need to select the channels that you want to monitor from the list, we will take care of the live feeds of the channels;
- Custom Streams: If you have your own stream URLs or you want to monitor the streams on your local server, then you can use this option, please note: You need to take care of stream availabilities with this option;
Let’s get started!
Broadcast Database (highly recommended):
Step 1: Select channels and create a project
Click “Broadcast Database” under Broadcast Monitoring on the left sidebar, click “Create Project” on the Broadcast Database Monitoring Projects page, browse the channels by selecting the continents -> countries -> channels or search the channels you want to monitor on the search bar, check the box to select the channels then click “Create Project”, key in the “Project Name” and select “ACRCloud Music” on the bucket dropdown list, then click “Create” to finish creating the project (You will need to pay if you didn’t buy the capacity before).
Step 2: Set Timemap (Optional)
Timemap allows you to browse the recording files of the channels that you are monitoring, you can set timemap by selecting the channels click “Set Timemap” icon and click “Update” on the popup page (You will need to pay if you didn’t buy the capacity before):
Step 3: Configuration
You can search the channels you are monitoring by Channel ID, Channel Name, Custom ID, Mytuner ID or City, You can also filter the channels by Channel Type and If they are set Timemap or not.
Click the download icon next to the search bar to download the list of the channels in this project;
Click “Edit” under Action to add/edit “Custom ID” of the channels, you can get these custom IDs via Callback URL;
Step 4: Get Results
- Monitoring Results on Page: You can click “View” -> “Results” under “Action” to browse monitoring results, you can download the reports on this page.
- Callback URL (highly recommended): It will push the results to your server, please refer to the doc here;
- Monitoring API: You can call the endpoint to get the historical results, please refer to the doc here;
- Timemap: You can click “View” -> “Timemap” under “Action” to browse Tiemmap data. You can download the recording files of the identified items via Recording API.
In this tutorial, we use BBC Radio 1 as an example. The live stream URL of BBC Radio 1 is: http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio1_mf_p
Create a Custom Stream project and attach the bucket named ACRCloud Music as the following image shows.
- In this tutorial, we choose to monitor streams on ACRCloud. If you want to build a broadcast monitoring system on your own server, please refer to https://github.com/acrcloud/acrcloud_local_monitor. For the difference between the ACRCloud server and the local server, please refer to Server Location for Broadcast Monitoring.
- Enable 3rd Party ID Integration if you need ISRC, UPC or IDs of Spotify, Deezer, and Youtube etc.
Step 2: Add Streams & Timemap
Click on the name of the project just created to enter the project page. Add the stream URL to the project as the following picture shows and choose the config you need (You will need to pay if you didn’t buy the capacity before).
Step 3: Browse Results
Now, you can see the result in about 1 minute.
Monitoring Results: Click “View” -> “Results” under “Actions” to browse results on page.
Timemap: Click “View” -> “Timemap” under “Actions” to browse Timemap data.
ACRCloud also provides Console API to help you manage ( add, update, delete, pause, start ) your streams automatically and easily.
Please refer to Branding Guidelines to place our brand on your products and contact us for the up to 20% off discount!