Register an account for free if you don’t have one.
Monitoring Music on Radio & TV Channels
Media Monitoring ( Music ) Service helps you build a broadcast monitoring system for music monitoring and tracking.
Important: Choose the suitable option of Broadcast Monitoring:
There are 2 options for Broadcast Monitoring:
- Broadcast Database (highly recommended): We provide a database of radio and TV channels worldwide, you just need to select the channels that you want to monitor from the list, we will take care of the live feeds of the channels;
- Custom Streams: If you have your own stream URLs or you want to monitor the streams on your local server, then you can use this option, please note: You need to take care of stream availabilities with this option;
Let’s get started!
Broadcast Database (highly recommended):
Step 1: Select channels and create a project
Click “Broadcast Database” under Broadcast Monitoring on the left sidebar, click “Create Project” on the Broadcast Database Monitoring Projects page, browse the channels by selecting the continents -> countries -> channels or search the channels you want to monitor on the search bar, click the “+” icon to select the channels then click “Create Project” to go into the “Project Details”page, key in the “Project Name” and select “ACRCloud Music” on the bucket dropdown list, then click “Create” to finish creating the project.
Step 2: Configuration
Find the channels you want to see: You can select the “Continent” -> “Country” and search keywords, channel ID or City to find the channels you are monitoring;
Click the icon next to the search bar to download the list of the channels in this project;
Click the blank space of “Custom ID” to add/edit your custom ID of the channels, you can get these custom IDs on Callback URL;
Click the icon next to the “URLs” to add your own backup stream URLs, you can change the URLs that you added;
Step 3: Get Results
- Callback URL (highly recommended): It will push the results to your server, please refer to the doc here;
- Monitoring API: You can call the endpoint to get the historical results, please refer to the doc here;
- Download reports: You can download the .xslx reports by choosing the period and clicking the “Download” button on the “Broadcast Results” page (Click the channel ID of each channel to get in this page);
In this tutorial, we use BBC Radio 1 as an example. The live stream URL of BBCR1 is: http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio1_mf_p
Create a Custom Stream project and attach the bucket named ACRCloud Music as the following image shows.
- In this tutorial, we choose to monitor streams on ACRCloud. If you want to build broadcast monitoring system on your own server, please refer to https://github.com/acrcloud/acrcloud_local_monitor. For the difference between ACRCloud server and local server, please refer to Server Location for Broadcast Monitoring.
- Enable 3rd Party ID Integration if you need IDs of Spotify, Deezer, and Youtube etc.
Click on the name of the project just created to enter the “Stream Management” page. Add the radio stream URL to the project as the following picture shows.
- For you can see the results quickly, we choose Real-time Result in this tutorial. However, if you don’t want to analyze the raw result by yourself, leave it blank. For more information, see Music Monitoring Result Type.
Now, you can see the result in about 1 minute.
Click on the stream ID in stream management page to enter the monitoring log page.
Refresh the log page to see the new result and you can download the log between selected dates.
ACRCloud also provides Console API to help you manage ( add, update, delete, pause, start ) your streams automatically and easily.
Please refer to Branding Guidelines to place our brand on your products and contact us for the up to 20% off discount!